Donation drive (used apparels) for Refugees Detention Camp in Semenyih

• WA711P
    Verified Member
    # 4 months ago

Hi everyone, Aris here.

For those of you who are following me in FB/IG will have noticed that I have been volunteering for a group of NGOs since MCO started to help the ones in need.. delivering food supplies to the B40 and refugees.

We are now initiating a new drive… calling for donations of old apparels and clothing for adults, teenagers and children. A Detention Centre in Semenyih is in need of these supplies for the refugees that are stranded here in Malaysia. Latest info received is that there are about 63 children (aged between 1 to 17 years old) in the center, including 18 women that are about to give birth soon!

If you do have old clothes that you no longer need and are willing to give it away, please PM or contact me at 012-2966122. The plan is to do the first collection during our weekly MINI TT session this Wednesday 29th from 8.30pm onwards at Restoran Maliki Nasi Kukus @ Sunway, facing LDP (you can find it on Waze and google maps) and maybe the following week too.

If you have many to give away, and have no means of delivering it, let me know. I can make arrangement to pick those items from you.

My other half Shen Yee is coordinating cash donations to buy milk powder (we have collected RM2000++ so far) so do contact her direct at 012-2189015 if you want to contribute. Delivery to the Detention Centre is planned after Hari Raya Haji.

Million Thanks everyone in advance!

Note: Please do not donate used undergarments due to hygienic reasons.

Photos below was from the last delivery in mid July to the Immigration Detention Camp in Bukit Jalil. Supplies include shampoo & soaps, baby milk powders, biscuits, old clothes etc.

WA711P
    Verified Member
    # 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Fellow MINIacs, for those of you who are still interested to donate your used apparels/ used items for the refugees, next collection will be done this Wednesday 5th August at TAPAK in TTDI. My team will be there from 8.30pm onwards. Attached below is google link (locatian map). See ya!

https://goo.gl/maps/KxwuCxz99VuK77RM8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.